Saturday, November 14, 2015

Offline Google Maps

          Google usually an innovator, but its taken them many, many years to reach this day: fully offline maps. While not revolutionary to some, I think this is great. Personally, I have a cheapo carrier, and out in the middle of nowhere, I have little to no data service, so being able to offline my maps means that, if, for some reason, I lose my data and go off route, I will be uneffected, as my device at least knows what road I'm on, contrary to previously when it only downoads my destination region, my departure region, and the roads I plan on driving on. Competetors such as HERE Maps have had this feature for years, so while I think it was long-time overdue, I'm glad Google finally jumped on the bandwagon, though its only for Android (with iOS coming later in the year). Now, if only Apple Maps would add this functionality...(just kidding, they'll always be terrible!)

-158 words

No comments:

Post a Comment